FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Saturday, December 19, 2009

First snow storm = Pasta Fagioli

We're supposed to be getting a ton of snow today. As I type it still hasn't started but I already started cooking dinner. I thought that soup would be perfect on a day like today. I'd been eying a recipe for Crock pot Pasta Fagioli soup from Crockpot Tuesdays. I love being able to throw everything into a crock pot for a few hours and have a yummy meal without being cooped up in a kitchen all day. An active toddler and newborn make it very difficult to get dinner on the table sometimes.

I bought all of the ingredients and started assembling the soup and then....DAMN!! It doesn't fit into my crock pot. I poured the soup into a pot and its now simmering away on the stove top. I'm sure that it will taste the same but now I have to actually check on the soup and stir it ;-)

Pasta Fagioli

Ingredients:

1 pound lean ground beef, browned and drained
1/2 large red onion, chopped
1 cup carrots, chopped
2 celery stalks, sliced
2 cans (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
4 cups beef broth
1 jar (16.5 oz) pasta sauce
2 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/2 cup dry pasta (to add at end)

Directions:

Brown the meat and drain well. Let cool a bit.

Chop up the carrots, onion, and celery. Add it to the crockpot. Drain and rinse the beans, and add them. Add the whole cans of tomatoes, and the pasta sauce. Add the beef broth. Add the salt, pepper and oregano. Stir in the meat.

Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, or high for 4. At end of cook time, stir in 1/2 cup pasta. Cover and cook for another hour on low.

Serve with parmesan cheese if you’d like. Enjoy! This recipe makes about 8 generous servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment