FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Monday, April 5, 2010

Homemade Wrinkle Release

Happy Easter everyone!

I don't have a recipe to post about but I did decide to post about something that I'm very excited about...homemade wrinkle release! Every night I iron my daughter's uniform for school and Alberto's clothes for work the next day. I don't love to iron but I do it because it needs to be done. The babies clothes usually don't need to be ironed and by the time I get around to getting myself dressed I can't be bothered to iron my own clothes. I was always running out of Downy Wrinkle Release and after a while it can be pricey to buy. That stuff is like gold to me. Lightly spray your wrinkled clothes, smooth out the wrinkles, let it dry and tah-dah the clothes are wrinkle free.

So yesterday my shirt was the only thing that needed to be ironed and I was out of my wrinkle release. I really couldn't be bothered to bust out the iron and ironing board so I decided to search online for a homemade solution. Success!! Tipnut.com had a recipe for homemade wrinkle release and I have to tell you that I feel pretty darn dumb for not thinking of it myself.

Homemade Wrinkle Release Spray

Ingredients:

1 tsp fabric softener (liquid)
1 cup water (distilled is best)

Directions:

  • Mix the water and the fabric softener together in a small spray bottle, one that has a fine mist spray nozzle.

Use as you would with a commercial wrinkle releaser, spray generously on wrinkled clothing then tug and pull item to smooth. Hang or lay flat to dry.

*Try a small spot first to make sure this solution won’t stain the fabric.

1 comment: