FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Roasted Chicken Drumsticks

I haven't been cooking anything new lately. I am uninspired to cook. Both of my babies are teething...Stephanie has been struggling with her molars and Evita with her first teeth. So for the past week they have been waking up crying from the pain. Never at the same time, though. One wakes up crying and once she has fallen back asleep and I think that it's safe to drift off into dreamland the other one wakes up crying. There isn't enough make up in the world right now to cover up the dark circles under my eyes.

I'm almost embarrassed to post this "recipe" for roasted chicken drumsticks since it's not really a recipe at all. I took my crappy pictures of the food but was just going to delete them when I received a text from Alberto the next morning praising my chicken. I won't tell him my secret but I will share it with you.

I was dreading cooking the chicken because I didn't know what I was going to do with it. I wanted something different than the usual salt, pepper, garlic, oregano & lemon. I opened the refrigerator door to get the chicken out when I saw this...



...and I knew what I was going to do.

Since this isn't a recipe I can't post how much of this or that I used but I will share what I did.

Preheat your oven to 350.

Place chicken in baking dish and pour about 1/2 cup to a cup of dressing over chicken.



I didn't marinate it this time but I plan to next time to see if it makes a difference in the flavor. I ended up sprinkling a bit of salt & pepper on top because I love flavorful skin.

Cover with aluminum foil and bake for about 1 hour. Remove foil and bake for another 10-15 minutes to brown.



I served it with white rice and sauteed zucchini & onion. I had intended on adding a can of diced tomatoes to the zucchini but realized that I didn't have any. On a whim I added some of the salad dressing and it turned out great.



1 comment:

  1. That looks really good! I am going to have to check out that dressing.

    ReplyDelete