FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Updated my book list & setting some goals...

I am so in love with my Kindle. I think it's the greatest thing ever. I love to read. I love getting so wrapped up in a book that hours can pass I wouldn't even realize it. I love becoming so engrossed in a book that I can't bear to put it down and I just have to find out what happens and then be upset that I read the book so quickly that I already finished it.

Unfortunately, I am unable to read like that. My bosses, aka my kids won't allow for reading more than a few minutes at a time. I think about reading when the babies are down for their naps but inevitably my dirty kitchen yells for me to please clean. Or the mountain of laundry that has suddenly appeared even though I did 3 loads the day before. Or worse....it's time to figure out what to make for dinner. Can't I just settle down on the couch and wriggle my nose and have all of my chores done so that I can read in peace? Didn't think so. I have also tried to read in bed before I go to sleep but I can barely read a chapter before my eyes start closing.

When I first received my Kindle as an early Mother's Day gift, I began keeping track of the books that I've read so far this year. Click here to read the original post with my list of books read. As of right now I am up to 15 books. Not bad for almost 3 months.

There are 5 months left in 2010. I'd like to set a goal for myself to read another 15. Of course I'd like to read more than that but I have to be realistic. I am also still crocheting so that also takes up some of the rare free time that I have.

If only I could count Dr. Seuss' books and the ones about Dora the Explorer...I could be in the hundreds ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment