FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Macaroni Salad

Happy Saturday!

I wanted to share a recipe that I've been making pretty frequently lately. It's a bbq staple and everyone has been enjoying it. Macaroni salad.

Mmmmmm...


This picture was taken as soon as all of the ingredients were mixed together and before the pasta absorbed the dressing.

What I absolutely love about this recipe is that you can easily change up the ingredients to suit your own tastes. I don't normally add carrots but since I had some I grated a couple and threw them in. I also grated the hard boiled eggs and I don't think I'll do that again. I prefer them chopped.

Macaroni Salad (adapted from allrecipes)
  • 4 cups uncooked elbow macaroni (1 box)
  • 4 hard boiled eggs chopped
  • 1-2 cups mayonnaise
  • 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 2 1/2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1 large onion, chopped (red or white)
  • 2 stalks celery, chopped1/4 cup grated carrot (optional)

  1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the macaroni, and cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Rinse under cold water and drain.
  2. In a large bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, mustard, celery salt and pepper. Stir in the onion, celery, carrot, eggs and macaroni. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving, but preferably overnight.

I will admit that I use a lot of mayonnaise. A lot. Definitely more than the 1 cup in the original recipe. Possibly more than the 1-2 cups I stated above. I happen to like creamy macaroni salad and when allowed to sit for a while the pasta will absorb the mayo mixture. I will also use celery salt instead of regular salt. I like the flavor that it gives.

Try this one! You'll love it!





No comments:

Post a Comment