FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Monday, February 1, 2010

Chicken Noodle Soup

I love, love, love this recipe for chicken soup. It's so quick and easy to put together and so yummy. I think that the addition of vegetable broth is the key to making it taste so special. I am not up for making chicken soup from scratch but I think that this recipe is a great fake out. I really think that it tastes like it took all day to make.



Quick and Easy Chicken Noodle Soup

Ingredients

  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 1/2 cup chopped celery
  • 4 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
  • 1 (14.5 ounce) can vegetable broth
  • 1/2 pound chopped cooked chicken breast
  • 1 1/2 cups egg noodles
  • 1 cup sliced carrots
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 can of cannellini beans (optional)
  • salt and pepper to taste

Directions

  1. In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Cook onion and celery in butter until just tender, 5 minutes. Pour in chicken and vegetable broths and stir in chicken, noodles, carrots, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes before serving.
My verdict: I've made this several times already and we all love it. I usually add chick peas or cannellini beans to bump up the fiber but you don't have it and it isn't included in the original recipe. I love hearty soups so I always add more celery, carrots and chicken than the recipe calls for.

No comments:

Post a Comment