FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Obsessed with Fan Fiction

I have been neglecting this blog again. I have also been neglecting laundry and cooking and let's not even discuss what my floors look like. I am an addict. I cannot get enough.

Hello. My name is Veronica and I am addicted to Fan Fiction.

What is Fan Fiction, you ask? Well, let me tell you how it all began.

I've mentioned on here before that I frequent a message board. I usually stick to the New Jersey board. I feel like I "know" the ladies on there since the majority of them have been posting for several years. I don't post very often but I feel like I'm somewhat known.

Every now and then I go on other boards when the New Jersey board is slow. I'll sometimes lurk on the cooking board, cleaning & organizing, crafts. Whatever catches my eye. One day I was on the book board and my eyes glance up and see that it has a sub board for Twilight. I had just read Twilight and really enjoyed it and was looking forward to reading New Moon. I click and begin reading the posts. I'll admit that at first I thought that they were all crazy. But I continued to lurk. I soon came to realize that their "craziness" was all in good fun and I found myself going there more often as I read through The Twilight Saga.

One of the things that I saw posted about on a regular basis was Fan Fiction. What the heck is that? I'd think to myself. Well, it's a site where fans of books, movies, TV, etc. write stories using the existing characters but not necessarily the same storyline. There are thousands of stories out there to read. But I didn't get it. I enjoyed the Twilight Saga. I was a little sad that I read all of the books including the unfinished Midnight Sun. But I didn't understand why someone would want to read some random person's ramblings about characters that I have grown to love. My curiosity got the best of me and I looked up one particular story that kept popping up on my message board.

Hit By Destiny.

I read the first chapter. Not bad. The babies are napping. I still have an almost full cup of coffee. I read the second and third chapters. I am hooked. The story is not yet complete and I am anxiously awaiting for the author to update.

I need to read another one. I go on my Twilight board and I ask the lovely ladies there for a recommendation. I get several.

Under the Apple Tree is one story in particular that gets quite a few votes. The author created a blog just for this story. I am still in the process of reading it and I am really enjoying.

So in addition to posting crochet patterns, recipes and stories about my kids I will also be posting about what I'm reading. Whether it be "real" books or Fan Fiction. Reading is good for you. Especially if it involves Edward and Bella.


No comments:

Post a Comment