FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Monday, January 11, 2010

Autum Roasted Chicken and Sausages with Balsamic Drizzle

I was watching Rachael Ray a few weeks ago when she made Roasted Chicken and Sausages with Balsamic Drizzle and it looked so yummy that I went online and bookmarked the recipe. I love a dish where I can throw everything into a pan and forget about it for an hour. Just add a salad and dinner is ready.

I did a few things differently because I didn't have everything. I used dried herbs instead of fresh and used the big red potatoes because my supermarket didn't have the baby ones. The shallots that I bought were a bit gross when I cut them in half so I used a regular yellow onion and I wasn't interested adding the black grapes.

Sorry about the bad picture...I took it with my cell phone. I ended up adding more of the balsamic drizzle to my dish....yummy!


Autumn Roasted Chicken and Sausages with Balsamic Drizzle

Ingredients

  • 4 pieces bone-in chicken thighs with legs attached
  • 1 pound Italian sweet sausages
  • 3 tablespoons EVOO - Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
  • 3 to 4 sprigs fresh rosemary, 2 finely chopped
  • 7 to 8 sprigs fresh thyme, 4 finely chopped
  • 12 baby potatoes, such as baby Yukon gold
  • 8 shallots, halved through root and peeled or 4 small red onions, quartered through root end
  • 1 pound bunch black seedless grapes, snipped into small clusters
  • Balsamic drizzle, to garnish

Preparation

Preheat oven to 425˚F.

In a large, shallow roasting pan, dress chicken and sausages with about 1 tablespoon of EVOO. Season with chopped rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper.

Toss the potatoes, shallots and black grapes with remaining EVOO, salt and pepper and add to the roasting pan. Bundle the rosemary and thyme sprigs and toss them in the pan as well. Roast 45-50 minutes until the meat juices run clear and the chicken skin and sausage casings are crispy.

To serve, arrange meat, sausage, potatoes, shallots and grapes on dinner plates and garnish with pan juices and balsamic drizzle.



My verdict: It was good. I looooved the balsamic drizzle as did everyone else. The next time that I make it I will definitely season the potatoes more since they were a bit bland. I will definitely make this again.


No comments:

Post a Comment