FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Haven't posted in a while

I can't believe that I haven't posted in such a long time. I really meant to post something...anything...but I kept being sidetracked. Between my crazy kids, Thanksgiving and my addiction to reading FanFiction this lame-o-blog has suffered.

I did manage to do some cooking for Thanksgiving and bring it over to my dad's house.

First up is the bird. Isn't it pretty?? My recipe is loosely base on a few recipes that I found on allrecipes.com.




Roasted Turkey

1 whole turkey (mine was 20 lb)
8 tbsp of butter, softened (1 stick)
2 cups of warm water
2 packets of chicken bouilloun
1 tbsp poultry seasoning
salt & pepper

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Rinse and wash turkey. Discard the giblets, or add to pan if they are anyone's favorites.
  2. Place turkey in a Dutch oven or roasting pan. Separate the skin over the breast to make little pockets. Mix the poultry seasoning and S&P with the softened butter. Spread the butter all over the the outside of the bird and under the skin between the skin and breast meat. This makes for very juicy breast meat.
  3. In a medium bowl, combine the water with the bouillon. Pour over the top of the turkey. You can add more seasoning over the bird at this point if you wish.
  4. Cover with foil, and bake in the preheated oven 3 1/2 to 4 hours, until the internal temperature of the turkey reaches 180 degrees F (80 degrees C). Remove the foil so the turkey will brown nicely and continue cooking for remaining 45 minutes or so.
*I choose to not stuff my bird with stuffing. Instead I stuff mine with quartered onions, halved garlic cloves, halved lemons and fresh herbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment