FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Monday, October 18, 2010

Banana Bread

I have finally found a recipe for banana bread that I love!!!

I have made quite a few versions in the past and they were ok but never blog worthy. Until now.

This is the perfect thing to have for breakfast or as a snack and let me tell you that it will make your house smell AMAZING. I even went outside a couple of time just so that I could open up the door to smell the bread baking in the oven.

I was browsing on allrecipes.com for a way to use up the bananas that were going to go bad if I didn't use them soon. I found this recipe for Banana Bread that had a lot of excellent reviews so I decided to give it a shot.

Oh I am so glad that I did. My rear end is not happy because I've eaten half of the loaf myself. My daughter helped me and we followed the recipe exactly as written. We all liked it so much that I don't think that I will alter the recipe at all the next time that I make it.




Banana Bread
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 5 tablespoons milk
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup margarine
  • 1 cup mashed bananas
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
  1. Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
  2. In a large bowl, cream sugar and butter or margarine. Beat the egg slightly, and mix into the creamed mixture with the bananas. Mix in sifted ingredients until just combined. Stir in milk and nuts. Spread batter into one greased and floured 9x5 inch loaf pan.
  3. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) until top is brown and cracks along the top.




No comments:

Post a Comment