FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Crockpot Chicken with Black Beans and Cream Cheese

Have I told you lately how much I love using my crock pot? I love being able to dump a bunch of ingredients into the crock pot in the morning and have a yummy meal ready in a few hours.

I found this recipe on the message board that I frequent. A while ago many of us submitted favorite recipes to share with others. Someone was raving about this particular recipe but didn't mention who originally submitted the recipe.

It was really, really good. Next time I make this I will not use frozen chicken breast. I had to cook it almost 2 more hours. Thank goodness that I begin cooking it early in the day. I would also add some seasoning. It was a bit bland for me. But I always follow a new recipe exactly as written the first time. The next time I may play around with it a bit to suit my tastes. I also shredded my chicken. The breasts stayed intact so it could have been served that way. I chose to shred and I'm glad I did. The sauce was delicious and I liked mixing up the chicken and sauce with the rice. YUM!

This is not a great picture. I served it with brown rice and it looks really blah. Trust me that it was good.



Crock Pot Chicken with Black Beans and Cream Cheese
  • 4 - 5 boneless frozen chicken breasts
  • 1 can drained black beans (15 oz)
  • 1 can drained corn (15 oz)
  • 1 jar of salsa (15 oz)
  • 1 package of cream cheese (8 oz)
Place 4 -5 frozen chicken breast in crock pot. Add drained black beans, drained corn and jar of salsa over the chicken. Cook on HIGH for 4 -5 hours. Add the cream cheese right on top and let sit for about 1/2 hour. Stir and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment